By now, if you use an RSS Reader you know that Google Reader is officially dead. And perhaps in the near future Feedburner may be as well. However, I still like using it as a service to my readers. Currently that’s the service people use to subscribe to my blog. I’ve switch ed to Feedly as my go to reader of choice. There are basically two important steps people need to take:
- For those that have used Google Reader as their primary RSS reader. You need to change to a new RSS Reader before July 1st to not lose all your subscriptions
- The other step is for bloggers who use Feedburner and want to incorporate Feedly as a subscription option for their readers.
#1 Choose a New RSS Reader
- If you are a reader and use Google Reader, make sure and change to a different RSS reader before July 1st.
- I recommend Feedly as a great alternative to Google Reader
#2 Incorporate a Feedly Flare With Feedburner
- If you use Feedburner, you will need to add Feedly as a subscription option. This is a great tutorial on how to do that for your blog.
- I want to credit Visuex technologies for a great tutorial and also the ability to self host the feed flare if you want to. Currently they are hosting for free. Here is the website
[Image via Rafael Faria| flickr.com]